Skip to main content

Neethaane En Ponvasantham

"Arivillatha oru loosu ponnunu nenichiya enna? Enna insult pannatha. You are insulting my intelligence. I know what I am capable of". This Nithya is what I believe, probably what you and I believe, is the typical girl of this era - very powerful, excessively energetic to go through so many hardships yet fragile, can emotionally be broken into pieces in no time. It is a mighty portrayal of that character. She is amazingly cute and a splendid performance. But the movie failed miserably. It shouldn't have missed the ingredients of a good movie - sadly it missed.

neethane_en_ponvasantham

It is not about the story. I think there are many movies that could have failed but somehow got the things right and succeeded. Do you remember this visually pleasing movie?  It is a normal story. Isn't? Many can play Karthick and many can play Jessie. But can someone do the miracles of A.R.Rahman? An attempt could easily take this movie unwatchable.

Vinod sees Aisha and wishes her to be his wife, oh yes, he is just a school boy. Vineeth Sreenivasan believes "Godis something special, even if we forget some of our desires, He wouldn't" and shows it in his film. The scenes doesn't even look logical at times. No star performance, no great comedy scenes. You can't point something and say that is good in this movie. However, it is just a very pleasant movie.

"Love is not a heart of the life. It is only part of life" was Chadrasekhar's message to his son Ganesh. How could you accept Ganesh's decision to throw away his four years love when his dad passes away? I would say he betrayed Sandhya and his love. It was a controversial climax. Still, it was a hit.

Midhuna loves Surya, Gautham loves Midhuna. Surya dies in a accident. Midhuna starts loving Gautham. Surya comes back! Gautham sacrifices his life. Isn't boring? Half of the dialogs are mere shouts. You know what, it is still watchable.

What a brilliant display of Amar's love! Meghna, a member of terroist group had no way to stop him. It is one of the good films from Mani Ratnam and of course, A.R. Rahman's magic throughout the film.

On a rainy day, Preetam sees Nandini and falls in love at first sight. He gets to know about her whereabouts, helps her father... usual. It is really a lovable movie. It was actor Ganesh's performance that made it great. You can't even ignore the Devadas, the Rabbit from the movie as that would disturb the film's equilibrium.

Jesse meets Céline in a train. They have a conversation and talks about various things and ends up in finding a good relationship between them. I think it is easy to happen(see!) in the real life than in the movie. Do you think you can watch some stupid conversation for an hour? How horrible it would be if you have to watch the squeal of it? But both are very successful.

Senthil talks about his love life. The first love at school, heart breaking love with Lathika and the third one to fill his heart and soul with life. Three love stories in a single movie is unimaginable but it was extraordinary direction by Cheren made it possible. The movie was easily loved by everyone.

Kovil Pillai P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu