Skip to main content

Black to White Relationships

We instantly make a connection with someone, regardless of whether the reason for it is well-formulated or not, and do everything possible to build a relationship. Of course, this tends to fail in most cases, as the relationship needs some common ground and time to understand each other. However, every relationship has to start somewhere, and the starting point can be anything. For instance, it is easier to forge bonds with neighbours than with those living further down the street. We are inherently social, and hence we already have plenty of circumstances that open an opportunity to initiate relationships, for example, being a neighbour.

It is very natural/mandatory that we meet people and build relationships in shared places like educational institutions, workplaces, places of worship, recreational areas. Of course, not as a whole but in smaller circles such as the same class, the same team, and so on. The opportunities to get to know each other are plenty, and the environment forces us to form relationships. When we see a slightly bigger circle, we know many people but would have never interacted with them. For instance, you know someone belongs to your college but never had a chance to engage with that person personally. Sometimes, all it takes is a chance to initiate something. These moments often occur unexpectedly, in random places and times—perhaps at an event, in a shopping mall, or at a tourist spot.

Recently, I've noticed something interesting when I see people in the campus. I’ve found myself sharing smiles with a few, for the first time. What struck me was a commonality among them — each person's hair colour had changed since I first saw them. Does the black to grey colour change have any connection to our sharing a smile? Yeah, obviously no. Rather, it is the impressions I have gathered over the years. I have seen them several times on campus, and each instance has given me something to form an opinion on. Maybe, I have seen them through some places where they expressed their thoughts. I might have heard about them from my friends. I have somehow taken them at least to my acquaintance and gradually building a sense of trust without even talking to them, without even sharing a smile, without even letting us know that somehow we know each other and respect for some reason. It feels great to share and receive a smile at a random moment and feel a fresh comradeship.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

மோகத்தை கொன்று விடு அல்லால்...

சட்டென்று சலனம் வருமென்று ஜாதகத்தில் சொல்லலையே... நெஞ்சோடு காதல் வருமென்று நேற்றுவரை நம்பலையே! - மனம் விரும்புதே உன்னை... உன்னை என திரையிசைக்காய் வைரமுத்து எழுதிய வரிகள் இவை. " காணின் குவளை கவிழ்ந்து நிலன் நோக்கும்; மாணிழை கண்ணொவ்வேம் என்று " இது வள்ளுவரின் சில நூறு குறள்களில் ஒன்று. அன்றைய சங்கத் தமிழுக்கும் இல்லாமல் இன்றைய திரைவடிவுக்கும் இல்லாமல் வாழ்வியல் அறம் கூறியும், கொழுந்து விட்டுக் கொண்டிருந்த விடுதலை தீயினிடையிலும் பா வடித்தவர் பாரதியார். " கச்சணிந்த கொங்கை மாதர் கண்கள் வீசு போதினும், அச்சமில்லை அச்சமில்லை அச்சமென்பதில்லையே" இது அவரது வீரம் தொனிக்கும் அச்சமில்லை பாடலின் வரிகள். எந்தக் கவிஞனுக்கும் இது அழகு என்பதால், காதல் சுவையில் பாரதியும் கவிதை எழுதியிருப்பது எனக்கொன்றும் பெரிய ஆச்சரியத்தை ஏற்படுத்தவில்லை. மின்னல், வீசும் இளங்காற்று, மழை, மேகம், அந்திமாலை என எல்லாம் காதல் அரும்ப உகந்த காரணிகள் போலும்! பாரதியும் அப்படித்தான் துவங்குகிறார். " சந்திர னொளியில் அவளைக் கண்டேன்; சரண மென்று புகுந்து கொண்டேன்; இந்திரி யங்களை வென்று விட்டேன்; எனதெனாசையைக