Skip to main content

Let the Magic Pen Write for You

 Here is the old-age question: can we script our own lives, or are we mere puppets of destiny? Believing in destiny is the easiest path, as we encounter infinite things beyond our control. I've come to strongly believe that erasing God, in any form such as destiny, from our lives is impossible.

How can a seed produce both root and stem, growing in opposite directions? Can the root dream of becoming a stem? Will the root’s dream ever be realised? The easiest for the root is to be a root because that is how it is designed. It is its destiny, and it is just that - right?

Now, what of our dreams, our aspirations, our quests for achievements, fulfilment? If everything is pre-written, what about the rest of all the things we hear all along? Can we simply surrender and label it as destiny because everything is predetermined? Will we?

Honestly, I do not know.

Nevertheless, I don’t prefer to be in that state - a state where I don’t see a difference between a lifeless thing and me. There is something within me rebels against this passivity. This can be egoistic in nature; of course, it is the nature of humanity. While I can accept that things happen because of God, I still yearn for the freedom to shape my destiny. Is this impossible?



Perhaps it is funny, but here is how I imagine destiny works. For everything in this universe, God writes their destiny book, not a finished one, but one He keeps writing. He pauses intermittently, allowing us to step in and contribute. Then, He returns, reviews, realigns, and resumes His writing. This interlude is an opportunity for us to seize control. What He writes next depends on what we did during that opportunity, along with countless actions from other things. This cycle persists. If we dig deeper, we discover that no one has ever done anything that indicates the complete control over their destiny or achieved anything without using existing platforms which are not in our control. That is why I believe in this “pause” style destiny. We can only intermittently make the magic pen of God write our wish. Of course, that is, only that is, our true destiny.

Even if it is for the briefest moments, don’t miss the chance to be your own. Why? Simply because that is how you etch your mark on life. Will it offend God? No, not at all. God might be just amused, like parents enjoying their child’s defiance and allowing the child to do what he wants. Parents know how to guide from there. Defiance is a part of child’s nature, essential for their identity-building.

Finally, is seizing the opportunities really hard? Absolutely not. You can’t predict the moments. Therefore, all you have to do is keep finding ways to improve what you are already doing. It is just this habit that will make the difference, will keep you ready for anything. The challenge lies not in what needs to be done, but in how we condition ourselves to do it. Here is the never-failing mantra: start small, and the next steps will reveal themselves. If you're unsure where to begin, start by creating space for new things to come in, then figure out what that new thing is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

மோகத்தை கொன்று விடு அல்லால்...

சட்டென்று சலனம் வருமென்று ஜாதகத்தில் சொல்லலையே... நெஞ்சோடு காதல் வருமென்று நேற்றுவரை நம்பலையே! - மனம் விரும்புதே உன்னை... உன்னை என திரையிசைக்காய் வைரமுத்து எழுதிய வரிகள் இவை. " காணின் குவளை கவிழ்ந்து நிலன் நோக்கும்; மாணிழை கண்ணொவ்வேம் என்று " இது வள்ளுவரின் சில நூறு குறள்களில் ஒன்று. அன்றைய சங்கத் தமிழுக்கும் இல்லாமல் இன்றைய திரைவடிவுக்கும் இல்லாமல் வாழ்வியல் அறம் கூறியும், கொழுந்து விட்டுக் கொண்டிருந்த விடுதலை தீயினிடையிலும் பா வடித்தவர் பாரதியார். " கச்சணிந்த கொங்கை மாதர் கண்கள் வீசு போதினும், அச்சமில்லை அச்சமில்லை அச்சமென்பதில்லையே" இது அவரது வீரம் தொனிக்கும் அச்சமில்லை பாடலின் வரிகள். எந்தக் கவிஞனுக்கும் இது அழகு என்பதால், காதல் சுவையில் பாரதியும் கவிதை எழுதியிருப்பது எனக்கொன்றும் பெரிய ஆச்சரியத்தை ஏற்படுத்தவில்லை. மின்னல், வீசும் இளங்காற்று, மழை, மேகம், அந்திமாலை என எல்லாம் காதல் அரும்ப உகந்த காரணிகள் போலும்! பாரதியும் அப்படித்தான் துவங்குகிறார். " சந்திர னொளியில் அவளைக் கண்டேன்; சரண மென்று புகுந்து கொண்டேன்; இந்திரி யங்களை வென்று விட்டேன்; எனதெனாசையைக