Skip to main content

My Hansie and his mom

She would have glanced at him and ran towards the staircase and barked at a random thing. Hansie would have followed her and barked too. And then, the next second, they both would be playing as if nothing had happened.

I am sure it would be annoying and heartbreaking for a few if you put a question, “Why do we need a mom?”. “We don’t need.” is not an easy answer to accept or even to hear.

Ok. You come up with a case like this. You say it will give me a different perspective. Take a kid of age above 3 years. The kid got loads of wealth. He got people to teach whatever things required to become a great human. He could be provided with foods of his liking. He got people to do whatever service he would require, regardless of time. You add many more things to the list and ask me, “Do you still think, we need a mom?”.

 I wanted to say something but you continue.

You ask me to think of the things a mom could do. You ask: “Have you learnt anything from your mom that others can’t teach and you follow it now?”, “Do you think only she can take care of your health and you don’t take anything else now?”, “Do you think she gave you good friends and you found none of your own?”, “Do you think she guided you to choose proper education and career and you would have missed otherwise?”,  “Does she really play any role in your life after your 20s?”.

You seem to have a long list of questions. I request you to stop. You stop.

Well, my perspective is very different and I refuse to see things the way you see. From your perspective, I might be wrong and I might lose something. Sure, the eagle is not going to catch the big fish swimming under the deep sea. That doesn’t matter.

Let me not discuss the exceptions. It is true that everything can be done by someone else too. In fact, most of the times, mom is the person who does things in an unwise way. It is not what is done but what triggers it that matters. It is an invisible bubble called love that is what separates the world outside and the world where you and your mom are in. The needs inside this bubble world are different. Whenever you enter this bubble world, you rejuvenate yourself to face the outer world again with so much confidence. Somehow this bubble absorbs the things that you can't bear. Can someone replace this world? No, for this bubble is created and strengthened inside her womb and the language spoken here is learnt even before you get your first breath.

Mom's supremacy lies in doing those little things that you can ignore comfortably at that moment. As the times goes, the power of those little things becomes insurmountable. I cannot explain how but that is how it is everywhere.



The sun was on the rise and the morning was unfolding. Hansie’s usual busy time. That day he was very quiet. He was in fine health. He was dull for some reason. I thought about Hansie’s mother. She would have glanced and ran towards the staircase and barked at a random thing. Hansie would have followed her and barked too. And then, the next second, they both would be playing as if nothing had happened. Both of them knew it was a fake barking. But then, that was all required to change everything. Hansie came to our home when he was a few months old and I don’t think he remembers his mom now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu