Skip to main content

My Hansie and His Green Turtle

The size, weight, colour and quality are all few challenges when you buy a toy from the online stores. I was particularly apprehensive about the size of the green turtle toy which I had ordered for my pet dog. If it is too small, Hansie won’t like it. I liked the colour and the big eyes and thought I would take a chance on it.

I received the order. It was fine. I gave it to my Hansie. He loved it immediately - love at first bite. That means I loved it too, and a click on all star top rating for the product.

This fancy design really attracts Hansie. The short and strong leg design protects the edges from Hansie’s teeth. The soft shell design invites Hansie to bite, but the squeaky design helps to keep the bite for very short. This green turtle toy can withstand thousands of squeezing and biting. It is not a showpiece. It is not a toy for kids. It is not even for adult dogs. It is well designed, designed with a purpose - to keep the puppy amused and engaged. It will wear out one day and will be thrown into a dustbin. That too is part of the design.

The toy’s whole design is known. The purpose is well defined. It can be reproduced. After all, it is a man made toy. In a way, you and I too are designed. You and I too are here with purpose. Unlike the toy, we choose our purpose and the design magically fits into that. The methods and reasons are ever-changing and secret forever. Why should it be this way? I don’t know but that is how it is!




Somehow, this is the way of the life: This universe is full of purpose. You are here to live. It is up to you to find some purpose. It is not mandatory. You can still do the living, the normal living, an ignored life. But once you decide to live a purposeful life, you will see the whole universe realign itself to reveal the designs require to achieve your purposes. Experiencing this revealing is what defines the true living.

The mind always tries to deny that there is something that is beyond explanations. The greatest people are those who convinced their mind to believe in it. Once convinced, you enter into a new world, a magic world, your world. It is no joke. The past is the proof. Look at the last decade. Look at the last century. Look at the history of humankind to the very start possible. You can always find people who accomplished something that is beyond explanations. It could be your turn. This universe’s future can remember you when you become the part of its past. Don’t imagine yourself as a giant person standing on a tall pile of your accomplishments. No, it doesn’t mean that way. There is nothing to be compared. It is doing something that your heart desires and drives you to do.

You are protected wherever required, like the strong legs of the turtle toy. Your so-called weaker parts are really complements of something else that you cannot comprehend, like the soft top shell helped by the squeaky bottom. Your suffering is part of the design and gets ignored when you focus on your purpose. This toy will get destroyed one day. But it would have served its purpose and not the thousand and one other toys which would get destroyed unsold. Between your birth and death, there is a possibility of flowering yet another true life - your life in this universe. The path is remarkably simple. Just make one step, only one step to press your Faith button. The rest will follow. The choice is yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu