Skip to main content

Right + Left and she is proud of it

They say it is romantic. Perhaps it is! They say that it is all because of the absolute synchronisation of the two brain waves. I don’t think I can believe that. They even say that a major portion of our brain is devoted to process this particular sensory information. I neither can believe this. Now you can believe these: It communicates affection. It makes you feel closer to the person. It relieves stress. It increases bonding and love. It frees you from fear, pain and anxiety. While it is easy to argue as to which is superior among the five senses, it is a lot easier to agree that hand holding gesture is one of the common forms of touch sense and it means a lot.

Let me not think of history or origin or physiology or psychology or a hundred other words that I can suffix with “hand holding” and do a web search. I am sure I don’t want end up reading something like “Brain-to-brain coupling during hand holding is associated with pain reduction”. I would like to share a few hand holdings that gives me a wow feel. In fact, though there are many more that I can mention, I am here with just three.

Take a moment to watch two kids walking and holding each other’s hands. It is beautiful. I don’t know how true it is but I always feel their school bags on the back and lunch bags on the other hand make the scene much more beautiful. I am sure they don’t even realise that they are holding hands. This hand holding primarily expresses their joy and a bit of caring. That is why they are more animated and the whole body overflows with positivity and hence the beauty.

Kids holding their grandparents’ hands are very special. Kids soon take “I know more than you” style as grandparents tend to play with kids as if they know nothing. And of course, kids also learn things that their grandparents are not interested in learning. I am sure every parent teach their kids to take care of their grandparents as they are becoming older. Kids do teach and care. That is exactly what they do with their dolls. That is exactly what they do with their grandparents. It doesn’t matter who holds whose hands but kids walk ahead as if they are leading. While it is a pleasure for us watch this walk, it is a walk in the heaven for their grandparents.

Here is the strange one. Girls only stuff, I guess. I can be wrong to a great extent but surely not 100%. I know my sister. Yes, a girl holding her father’s hand. They may feel be secured. They may feel loved. They may feel relaxed. But above all, this hand holding has “Hey, world! look, this is my dad and I am the happiest now” tone written all over. It doesn’t matter whether it is a five years little girl or fifty years old woman. I think this is the only hand holding that takes great pride in doing so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோŕ®·ŕ®®் சந்தோŕ®·ŕ®®் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu