Skip to main content

Passion? Purpose? The journey of one(?) mad life

What is the right way of living this life? No matter how well I prepare, I am back to square one with no answers. That is ridiculous. Because there is an end, end of life and this life ends as a mystery. Am I living the right one, the right way? Can purpose, passion, peace, achievements and a hundred other things define the right life? Either individually or in combinations? Should I live for now or for the future or the so called balanced? I tend to believe that the more I define the less I live.

Can everyone in the world pursue their passion? Oftentimes I feel that the passion is a fancy thing introduced recently and getting fancier everyday. If I say frog jump is my passion and I wish to jump throughout the country, then there could be people who would come and encourage me, after all passion shouldn’t be discouraged. I can Imagine a world where everyone is doing some “passion” thing to get the Noble prize - I can only imagine. Finding my passion of my life and achieving it are all actually feels like deceiving myself. I shouldn’t consider “passion” as the way of living. Or have I misunderstood the meaning of passion?

A purposeful life can be the right one, but how will I define the purposefulness? Is it for the self or for the people related to me or for the universe? Everybody is working to earn more and more money. Should I say money is the real purpose of life? You are laughing. Aren’t you? I may tempted to say that whatever man has created shouldn’t be a part of defining the purpose of life. I can't say that. The rest doesn’t have any connection with the purpose of life. Time erases everything and that includes whatever I now believe as purpose.

Basically, I can say that wake up everyday and do something and worry not about the future and that is the right way of living. Am I going to live like that? It doesn’t matter yes or no but I am sure almost the whole world is in this way, of course, few glamourous things added here and there to project uniqueness, to project worthiness. This world is somehow trained itself to control the way of one’s living and yet make the person feel that he is in control of his life.

The one who studied law need not be the best of lawyers, the one who studied medicine need not be the best of doctors, the one who born in a log cabin in the woods need not be the best of hunters. They can become something else. There is no passion. There is no purpose. Mahatmas, revolutionaries or great leaders are just happenings. Yeah, we can later call it a passion or purpose. When I say “just happenings”, I am saying that we don’t have any control over them. I won’t mind saying it as “God’s plan”. In fact, God is the easiest answer for everything, even if you believe you have already found answers to many of your questions by yourself.

 The trouble with God is the very definition of Him. If He can do everything, then why my life? I can’t go with fifty-fifty style with God. Of course, if I listen to religious people, they may give me a reason for it. There are billions of people who believe in those reasons. Can there be many lives for a single soul? Maybe yes. A bird picks a seed and flies high in the sky. It doesn’t become a tree. The bird drops it at the top of the hill. It doesn’t become a tree. The sun rises and sets. It doesn't become a tree. It rains and the season is right, the seed sprouts and in a few years it becomes a tree. Our genes too are transferred generation after generation without doing anything significant. That is why we inherit characteristics from our parents. But when it is time, it will do something enormous, something that particular gene is destined for, waited for. Again, God is the answer for your why, if any!

Well, should everyone believe in God to define their life, to find the way to live their life? I don’t know. By the way, God is required only when you got questions that you wish to know the answers. It is also possible to live in a non-questioning mode. That could be heaven like life as questioning is what troubling us. There is no best or worst. There is no right or wrong. Whatever things come in your way, take it and do. You shouldn’t question why now or why you? No questions. You simply do things. What… do what?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu