Skip to main content

You.Left.Me.Alone.Why?

Have you ever caught in a “moment” which you never dreamed of nor have any hope of experience it again? I am sure many have felt this before and wrote about it in this way. There is nothing new. But yet I ought to write my own experience. There is a moment, a very special moment, an inexpressible feel for sure, that knocks you down and says aloud that it is a moment to stay in your memory forever as fresh as it is now.

[Let me use “you” and avoid any direct reference]

Those who know you know that you come here, to this very campus, at least once in a month. The calendar shows that the last one was on May 19. It was a strange day and I am going to write about it or rather sharing my twaddle.

There was a gentle breeze. There was a beautiful twilight. There were tall buildings majestically apart from each other. There were summer night clouds weaving their magic in the sky. There were noises from moving vehicles. There were people walking. There were hundreds of other things. And there were you and me. None of them are new. I was gazing at you. A deep mesmerising moment took me into a hypnotic trance. I don’t know what it is. A sudden dumbness. A deafness. A blindness.

Maybe it was how beautiful you were at that moment. No, not the physical appearance! You guys got what I am trying to say, don’t you? No words for it to be expressed precisely what or how it was. I should have captured the wholeness in my camera and showed it to the world. There is no privacy concern. I need no special permission from you to do. Yet I didn’t do. I couldn’t do. I was lost. Lost in… what do people call it? Perhaps it is once in a lifetime experience. It is impossible to recreate some moments, that moment!

You were not in a hurry. Neither I but I kept walking, walking away from you. That is not unusual. That is the way it has been. But that day was very different. I should have stayed a bit more. I should have watched you a bit more. It cannot be a blessing, or is it? It just had happened in that way. Let it be! You left. You left me alone with that ineffable feeling. I felt a great disappointment later. Yes, that was late. If I tell the agony in me to mom, she will curse herself for introducing you to me. But I know even otherwise I wouldn’t have missed you. That is inevitable. That is written. That is destiny. That is life.

I feel so blessed for this birth in this earth for that single moment. There is Amalthea, there is Siarnaq, there is Umbriel and there are many more of your type but I wonder why you alone got no name! Or I don’t know it yet. Anyway, we all know how to call you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu