Skip to main content

December Rain - 9

I should admit, admit with no shame, just like many of my friends, that I am one of those who are yet to understand the RIGHTs and WRONGs that crosses my life everyday. Anyway, I thought I can share you few things I contemplated and ended up in finding nothing out of it.

First of all, I understand it is hard to accept something as RIGHT universally. Everyone, every country, every culture, every religion,… every… got their own definition and justification. I thought it would be safe and fine to start from within and then go outer. So, the RIGHT is what my heart feels comfortable in doing.It then goes to the next circle, includes my family and friends. It goes on like my society, my state and so on to all the higher circles.Of course, I totally agree it is not this way and this easy. In fact, at some point, I myself was thinking back and forth, connecting more things only to fail to comprehend any further.

So, now I am staying with this: I can only “sense” something as RIGHT. It is heavily influenced by my people, my land, my culture and so on. It is not only from the present but the inheritance from generation after generation. This feel is inculcated in me either directly or indirectly.

If I have something as RIGHT doesn’t mean that what someone else got is not RIGHT. What is not RIGHT is when someone else forces his RIGHTs on me which is not acceptable to me and my influencing factors and disturbs the harmony of my life.

Here is the crux of my problem. How do I react if I feel something is not RIGHT?  Should I react at all? For example, I see a hungry child and I just walk, though I have some food to offer. What do I do if I feel what my colleague doing is not RIGHT? If it is my religious leader? How about a section of my society? And the external forces?

I must react.

I am a social animal and it is my responsibility to contribute to the common cause. I must react but here are the reasons why I typically fail miserably and hopelessly longing for miracles.

An old person is struggling to cross the road. I am in no hurry and yet I move with the hope that someone else will help. I don’t get the feel of walking with them.  Over time, I even fail to notice their need. The heart dies. I move as if they are yet another slow vehicle on the road. Of course, my friends and I are okay with this because that is the way it is and it never harmed us.

I have read about the book burning campaigns of the past. They were primarily aimed at destroying the cultural values and collective wisdom of any community. Now I can see the modernised version of it and astonished at the cunningness of its ways. My friends and I talk about it. We conclude that is not RIGHT. We hope someone will truly rebel against it. We go home peacefully as if those are solved, to take care of our family.

I see how the the history has forgotten the heroes of the past and the leaders of this era working relentlessly to bring the facts to light. In the mix of heroes and zeros, all I understand is that the power can write the history and it can rewrite the history. It is too late for me to realise that new history has forgotten the legends of my country from whom I draw inspiration. I tell this to my friends. We talk and get angry. We change topic and talk. We are happy with the new topic.

I read the news about new laws all over the world. They are so ridiculous. Why can’t I get a good government that can make sensible decisions and laws? I am reminded of the past. I am thinking of thousands of soldiers who marched in the winter to only kill themselves. I am thinking of those millions of slaves who were happy to just live, live a life far worse than animals. I am thinking of the farmers who lost their land to the landlords. They were all in the name of laws. The law can allow anything and disallow anything and it can justify everything. I understand I don’t have to worry about it hoping that not worrying is the law of nature.

I witness the struggles that today’s world leaders take to restore the lost culture and tradition of the country. How hard it is to remove these foreign elements spread across in ones land! I wonder how the future of my land would be if I allow alien practices. My generation of prestige and enormous wisdom will go into dust. Another fight for freedom and another struggle for re-establishing them! No worries, my next generations will take care of them.

The list can easily grow. There are so many of them that are not RIGHT for me. Am I going to fight against them all? At least one of them? Certainly not.

Nothing is new in this world. Only the coating is afresh. I understand that the world has trained me to have immense tolerance - a drug to escape from doing my duties. The political systems are continuously dulled my senses and my organs are so easily receive false impressions and fail to recognise the facts that come along with the floods of false propaganda and noises.

They say a single match stick can start a forest fire. Now I see the forests are equipped enough to engulf the volcanoes. Where is the hope? It looks impossible that some leader will come and save me. Yet the hope is that all the leaders come into existence only when they seem impossible.

The easiest is to leave things to God.  Of course, the toughest is to keep believing Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu