Skip to main content

The journey into the darkness

How often you walk on the footways between the bushes and the highway with no lights, in the dark, for about a kilo-meter? Do you get scared? I do :) I walk at least once in a week like this. It is not that I like to walk but I have to. It is hard to walk on the uneven path. I have to be very careful about my steps as a single misstep could cause an injury that would take a week to heal. A little stick lying at a distance making a moving feel because of the shadows of different lengths caused by the speeding vehicle lights would make me pause for a second. I always wanted to be extra cautious on that as I tend to fear of snakes when I go near the bushes. Perhaps, my parents taught ;) me so in my childhood days.

How about people? Drunkards: If the drunkard is a old man, I am no longer afraid of him. I am confident that at least I can outrun him. It is still a bother, if I have to pass a group of youths taking alcohol. I walk with the hope that they don't call me or come near me. It is hard to predict the behaviour of the drunk person but easy to assume that I, as an unknown to them, will get nothing positive.

Do you know, at times I am afraid of seeing group of people coming towards me in the night with their work tools. They occupy the entire way and their lengthy silhouettes fills the gap between me and them with a little more dark areas that would increase the uncomfortable level in me. After all, I hear variety of robbery cases all along. And also the image I got created of the robbers in my mind.

Actually it is all the work of the mind. There could be nothing. Or it could be something wonderful than what I could imagine. The journey after death is a walk into the darkness. It is unknown life yet I see everything that I know now. I am not sure ashes are the end of everything. If so, what would be the justification for the people disappearing just in no time who don't even seem to have started this life? Life is so cruelly capable of showing the darkness of it at its own will. We walk every day in the midst of thousands of things that could end this life. But who knows the blissfulness of the journey that unfolds at the end of this life? Of course, as usual, the Divine got the reason for this darkness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu