Skip to main content

I am the born ordinary

Dreams! Dreams? Had she born in my neighbourhood I would have dreamed of spending my whole life with her and would have done everything to achieve it. But I was born in a place where nobody even hear about these Miss Universe-s. Had I played football with Maradona in our streets I would have become the hero of all football players. But I played street cricket like every other kids in my school days. My parents, neighbourhood, school... none of them were my choice. I think of these "this" and "that" all the time. It is my birthright to worry, fear, cry... about these impossibles. You know, I am an ordinary man.
I am a grownup now. I can choose my college and career. Of course, I consult with my parents and friends but I don't allow them to decide, after all, this life is going to be my dream and I'll control every bits of my destiny from now onwards. I find my choices are no different from others. Of course, it is the same people and the organised society that influence everyone else's decision. You see, I am an ordinary man and it is my duty to listen and accept and let them influence my doings either knowingly or unknowingly.
Now I have good education and career. I am doing better than many of the people around me. I am absolutely thrilled and ready to chase my dreams and fly higher and higher. But then are the few questions in my way like "What is the purpose of this life?", "What is all there in money, fame, achievements...?" etc., and then the realization about love, family, kids, people... I understand the value of them. I am back to the same old friends and family members and my society for guidance. I practice and do the personal-professional life balance very well. In fact, a lot better than those who taught me. My dreams? Yes, I still got loads of inspiration left in me and they too get my time. I have time for my family, friends, work, social activities, hobbies... and the so called dreams and I'll will be lucky (only I, the ordirnary man, can think of something called luck) enough to do better in everything.
Life is not a pond water that stays still and enjoys the little breeze over it. Life is like a river water that is so dynamic and that sees everything. Happiness, sadness, loneliness, togetherness... everything is part of this life. They are the very definition of this life. I am bit old now. I hear about the fancy words like happy and peace and so on. I believe in the necessities of these in my life. I long for it. I pray for it. I have not taken a place in the history book but I am content with what I have done so far, yes I am better than millions of people of my time. And now I am even ready to giveup this life and join the Gods of heaven. I don't really worry about my orphaned dreams. To be honest, I never had one. I feel no shame in dying as an ordinary man. After all, I am just an ordinary man and I know it takes an extraordinary effot to live this ordinary man's life.
 
Kovil Pillai P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu