Skip to main content

Joy of Eating

There are few people who could set their target clearly and achieve it perfectly either alone or in with a partnership. It is not an easy task. It calls for heavy sacrifice. For example, 20, 30 or 50 pieces of chicken alone is what they take. No mutton, no fish, ... no other item can tempt them in a buffet lunch which is amazing. And there are other few people who take everything available there, missing nothing regardless of whether it is a veg food or a non-veg food. Of course, the ultimate idea is to eat more than what we pay. But, do you know what the recent research says? This kind of eating leaves many nanometer sized dents in our digestive system, especially around ileum and pancreas and it gets developed into cancer cells in 20 years time. Yes, the one day, just one day buffet lunch may take your life later! Ok, don't be scared. It is untrue. I just added and there is no real research like this! In fact, I don't think science will ever prove something like this. But do remember our Valluvar's couplet "தீயள வன்றித் தெரியான் பெரிதுண்ணின் நோயள வின்றிப் படும்." 

There is also the other extreme. There are people who could tell you, when you take a chocolate, that you are eating around 50g of black chocolate and you may have to spend additional 15 minutes to burn this extra 250 calories. This food is good, that food should be taken only this amount... I wonder whether I will ever get it right :(Someone says, even the grandma doesn't know anything about ginger. Green tea is very good. It shouldn't be too hot or too cold (122°F - 140°F is fine). It shouldn't be too many cups per day (1-3 is OK). Will it still be good, person weighing “a” kgs, after eating "b" number of idlies, drinking "c" liters of water, traveling "d" minutes under "e"°C hot sun, breathing air with "f" AQHI, then sitting at "g"°C air conditioned place, thinking of "h" issues, sharing lighter moments with "i" people...? Science will say T helper cells and T regulatory cells of lymphocyte... is benefitted by drinking green tea. Oops.. too complex! But the research done at some corner of the world seems to be working here in my place too. So let me also accept without any question and try to follow them with available resources. After all, it is for my health!

DreamingAway: The Joy of Eating
There are few things that I started to accept/believe recently. It is time for a person to start concentrate on his diet when he no longer can do any real physical activity. Diet is not a solution but the assumed act of delaying food-health issues. I can trust the nature and take the local seasonal food items without any taste preference. I don't need to worry too much about the quality and the known ingredients of the food. I should never ever need to overeat. 

The child comes, kisses, hugs you and then puts few chocolates in your mouth... you just had your lunch and your friends want you to join with them for the Biriyani lunch... The dinner your wife/husband made is tastier than usual, you share the compliment and so gifted with another round in your plate... Ok, break all the rules because there is a life with full of joy in it! 

Kovil Pillai P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu