Skip to main content

The Blind Man's Walk

I see blind people almost everyday, typically, while they cross the road or waiting for bus. I merely watch them, watch with no real intention to help them unless they are so close to me. It is really uneasy feel to see them struggling to find the right direction when everyone else is almost running. Yes, of course, they always get someone helping them. If I have to list the good things about auto-drivers, I'll surely put this on the top as they always voluntarily go and help.

DreamingAway: The Blind Man's walk


It was far brutal and cruel than what I have heard recently. But I kept quiet, possibly I didn't hear much about it in the media or because it had happened in a foreign country. Even a Tamil girl in Srilanka is a girl. I wasn't upset on the Vachathi incident and many of the similar incidents. I can find a case or two in the local newspaper everyday which doesn't seem to bother me much. But then what is special about this (December 2012) Delhi girl? I think it is more of my selfish need to raise my voice. Like my neighbour girl, she belongs to a metropolitan area and not the one from the remote area in a hill top. She is educated and not the one who doesn't even know about school. She dresses decently and no indecent exposures like few bar dancers. And there are enough media and people whose view I can agree with and with whom I can join hands for a cause. The proximity of the environment is what really mattered to me! Had it just involved a tribe girl and their tribe leader in a place like Kashmir or Assam, I would have just ignored it considering it similar to what the armies and terrorists do. By the way, if I entirely believe in science, I should realize that death is just freeing and it is not at all a punishment. We need to make it to be a little more severe, if we really wanted to punish.

God is the perfectionist and vice-versa. Though I wish to realize the good in everything God has created, I am still tempted to question why God has created the blind people. Rainbow of colors, her smile, the sea waves, the crowd, the mountains... all the physical beauty of this universe are alienated from these people. Of course, they can substitute and feel it but that won't be the real.

I pay(!) either Rs. 50/- or Rs. 100/- to the traffic police. I am sure to share all the "escape" incidents to my friends. I know how to prepare medical bills and rent receipts for income tax submission. I no longer keep track of the 2G scam news. I have no interest in seeing whether the scam has affected me or not and I am not going to see and find the ways in which it is going to have an impact on my everyday and my country.

It is impossible to see everything regardless of whether I have an eye that can see or not. I can walk without seeing so many things as I am already made blind in the name of science, in the name of religion, in the name of laws, in the name of ... and I can walk, walk freely as the blind person's walk is always based on the hope.

Kovil Pillai P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu