Skip to main content

December Rain - 2

I don't think many Decembers (exclude the last December!) had as much rain as this December is having in Chennai. Do you love watching the rain? Do you enjoy swimming in the well when it rains heavily? I do. It thrills! But... I have no time for these now. I spend few hours with my friends on every Sunday evening, playing cricket - I hate if it rains! I enjoy local bus travel - the wet umbrellas and raincoats with co-passengers, I hate if it rains. I love walking from Velachery railway station to the company - the potholes and the vehicles, I hate if it rains!

If you have the habit of going for a short walk in the evening along the Taramani road, you might have seen few families live on the road side. In fact, you might have seen them preparing and having food at that time, perhaps the Sun sets after seeing this.

I went for a shopping in that way yesterday night. It was raining. I wanted few shops to be open so that I can buy those things I had planned to buy. Not everybody thinks in the same way. I am sure those people sitting there wanted the shops to be closed soon. Perhaps a good sleep is what they are longing for on a rainy day - never easy for them. With few bed sheets and mosquito nets, they - may be people of three generation - were waiting to hear the rhythm of shutting doors.

Not just here, you can see this kind of people almost everywhere in Chennai. Is this requires a change? I am sure, this can’t be left to God. He won't do anything as He won't see this as one that needs alternate at all. It fine for Him within His design. Neither I prefer to see this as a changeable thing within my limits as I wish to save my energy for something else. Of course, remind you, I still hate the December rain!

Kovil Pillai P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu