Skip to main content

December Rain

I know it is illegal to fail in your attempt to kill yourself. But then, is succeeding that difficult? (I am not going to try it for the next 70 years) Why can't these old people (sample pictures below) choose death as a solution? They should escape from these pangs of old age. No point in dragging. If a person is not physically fit and has no money and support at 60+, I am wondering why he should live. Won't the hopes of tomorrow elude and hurt them along with the memories? They die every day. Realistically, they live a hopeless life and what is there in a life with no real hope? Sometimes, I feel, the society should not provide them an opportunity to survive. In fact, I think, just one out of 1000 among us is doing this mistake. Stop it. Mere breathing is not life. That is a religious ritual of life - no God in it.


He was selling flowers and plants. I don't know what he is doing now. The winter, the Christmas, is ahead.


Sunday is a good day for beggars as most of the Christians listen to the sermon (God will pay you back if you give it to the poor people) and tries to follow (?) it at least for an hour. I was watching this man for five minutes, he got no money.


It was 15.00 hrs and very near to the bus stop. For a second, I thought I myself would go and help her. Then I controlled myself. That is not my duty as it is not of those hundreds of people moving there.



Do you think I am wrong? Do you think these people might be helping some cause? Do you think these people might be helping someone ... If so, go ahead and throw the starfish, just one starfish into the sea? Don't be an average person who does no action. These old trees might have a precious seed that needs to be taken care. It is not just the tree but the seed that matters now. Search for it, find it. Plant it. Fertilize it with the hopes and dreams of the tree, after all, that is why the tree is trying to be alive. Nobody is equal in front of God. These seed might bring far superior fruits than you and me. Give your contribution. One day, you will find the old tree smiling in heavens. It is not the heartbeats that lives but the dreams that is realized.


Kovil Pillai P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu