Skip to main content

Go Trekking!

What a great feeling it is to watch the misty mountain full of tall green trees! Don't we see trees and clouds everyday in our lives? Still, why those remote places so miraculously kindle the hidden joy in and around us? Why those hairpin bends are the loveliest places to stretch your hands? I think, though there is wonderfulness in the union of mountain, trees, clouds and water, the ecstasy is our own total submission to it. Don't you believe, a shapeless thought in your mind can hide the whole world from your wide open eyes?

Watching the rising waves touching the shore, the distant mountain, the green valley are all really loveable. There is other side of the same, diving into the river, climbing on a mountain, walking inside the deep forest and flying in the sky - a divine feeling.

Recently I had a chance to visit a small waterfall called "Thoovaanam" (தூவானம்) near Coimbatore. To reach the place, we had to walk about 7 kilometers from where we stayed. We started very early without breakfast and returned for lunch. We were so tired, yet very much satisfied. It was very challenging but at the end, the fact 'we did it' made our lunch taste better than it was. Yeah, apart from few irrecoverable pains, the inexpressible pleasures come only after the painful moments because stand up and face it is what the real bliss is.

In fact, these walks help you to get motivated to do some physical activities and keep you fit. Not sure whether I can suggest this to girls, otherwise, I think anyone below 40 (okay, below 35) should keep exploring. Is there any risk? Absolutely nothing, if you agree that death hangs around far closer than the close we wish to believe. Nevertheless, just like video games, you can set your easy level - just get started!

If you have already experienced the joy of trekking, I am sure you would appreciate the Tamil movie Peranmai as the conversation you hear and the picture you see would bring back some memories. And it would also, rekindle the thirst for a deeper walk inside the nature's very own world.

Thoovaanam falls




Kovil Pillai P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu