Skip to main content

The Art of Crying

Have you ever taught your kid to cry? Right from the very moment of their life in this world they cry. Perhaps one of the things you try to unlearn throughout your life and never really succeed. So natural. Isn't?

The tone, the style, the need, I bet kids (age below 4) are the masters of crying.

It means so much to them. They cry if they are hungry. They cry if they are sleepy. They cry if they are scared. They cry if they want someone to take them. They cry if they are tired. They cry if they want to ... It is their language. I think the best of mothers and fathers are the one who can understand/predict and prepared for it.

Sometimes they keep crying. You know there is something wrong but you can't get it. They know no language other than filling their eyes with tear. You have no remedy but to hold them tight and make them feel that you love and care them through your every breath. I would say that is an extremely painful moment for a mother.


You wanted to go somewhere for a very short time so urgently and you can't take your kid with you and if your kid think otherwise, if they want to come with you, well, you are in trouble. Generally you start gently. They listen to you for a minute and start crying. You pickup few more points and tell them patiently. They listen, shorter than a minute, and resume crying as if you made no valid points. You try to explain more clearly and add a promise that you will get something 'attractive' for them. On an unlucky day, it goes on. At one point, you have to leave your kid crying as you don't have any other choice. I don't think anything else can annoy you more than this.

Probably we never lose this basic instinct. We still cry, may be, the form has changed. "Keep a smile on your lips even when you heart cries" - is one of them. Though crying looks very negative, on most occasions, it has a potential to bring forth an enormous power that you could use either constructively or destructively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kite Runner

Usually, I buy and read book suggested by my friends but no one suggested me to read the book "The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini". I neither heard about it before I accidentally bought it. I was looking for the books I planned to buy in the Chennai Bookfair 2011 and I found this book . There was something attractive, though it was not as beautiful as of many of the books cover design, it should be the cover of it, because all I could see was only the book cover. I took it in my hand and asked myself, should I buy this?, yes was the answer and I bought it. I completed reading this book last week, after keeping it the shelf for almost 2 years. I am glad I got this book. It is one of best books I read in the recent years. The phrase " For you, a thousand times over " lingering in the mind is the proof that I really enjoyed reading this book and moved so much ;) " I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975 &

சந்தோஷம் சந்தோஷம் - Vijay song

Kovil Pillai P.

New Year Resolution 2015

Another new year, another ( same! ) set of new year resolutions. I wanted to read Thirukural and set target 50 last year but couldn't achieve it. But then I used one Kural in my every blog post . New Year Resolution List: For year 2016, I should shorten it to at least 1/3 of this list. At least, make it more readable ;) Reading Books: Book reading is going to be reduced this year. I am planning to reread few of the books I read last year. Of course, will find time to read books suggested by friends. I have got Bhagavad Gita tamil version from my friend and might read this before the end of 2015. I Am Malala, The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, Mossad, 'The Madman, The Forerunner, Spirits Rebellious', Yudhargal Varalaarum Vaazkaiyum, If You Meet The Buddha On The Road Kill Him are few of the books I enjoyed reading. By the way, I have changed the FB album title from "Books I read" to "Books I read - Not To Be Shared" ;) Accounting: How difficu